UCT CPD Course - Heritage Resources Management
UCT presents its annual CPD Course on Heritage Resources Management.
The contents of the course will include:
• an introduction to the history of the ideas and theories of architectural and urban conservation
• a brief introduction to certain national and international charters
• a grounding in the principles of conservation practice
• an introduction to the South African legislation and the current administrative practices
• an introduction to the research techniques and sources used in this multi-disciplinary practice
Who Should Attend
The course will benefit all who are involved in conservation practice and heritage management and others involved or interested in the regulation of development. This includes architects, planners, heritage practitioners of all disciplines (archaeologists, historians, etc), heritage managers/administrators and NGO-activists. The course is widely applicable and designed to satisfy the multi-disciplinary nature of conservation practice and heritage resource management.
The course will be presented by Dr Stephen Townsend and will run over 3 days from 6 to 8 August 2018.
Interested persons to contact the programme administrators:
Heidi Tait: (021) 650 4922
Sandra Jemaar (021) 650 5793
Attached, the course brochure for further details